Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Has Come!

Finally, we can break out our flip-flops, shorts, and short-sleeve shirts. But then we scream in horrid because our toes are in a desperate need of a pedicure, our arms and legs are so white-we glow, and those extra pounds that we gained over winter, are now showing, in a not-so-nice way. Well, those were at least my thoughts. Friday night, I put on my rainbow flip-flops for the first time, and my feet were shouting "I'm Freeeeee!!!", they were very excited. It was such an enjoyable weekend and today was no different. When I left school my car said it was 84 degrees. It was way too pretty to stay inside for the afternoon. Since I was in the comfort of my own backyard, I was brave and put on some shorts and sleeveless shirt, to get some sun, and starting painting a rocking chair. For a wedding present, Kevin and I got a pair of rocking chairs. They were just natural wood, but instead of staining them, I wanted to paint them white. I thought they would show up better on our front porch. So I got one chair done with two coats of primer. I will have to get some white paint tomorrow to finish it. I don't know how long this weather will last. I am sure that it will get cold again. It normally is cold for Easter. But I plan to enjoy it as long as it will last.

Spring-my favorite part about spring and changing the time, is that the sunlight stays longer. I don't like that when you leave in the morning it is so dark and that you lose an hour of sleep. My favorite part about spring and summer-now this may sound crazy to some of you, but I love to sleep and enjoy sleeping. I am not one that likes to get up with an alarm clock, which is why my alarm clock will go off for like an hour before I get. I am a very slow waker. Anyway, I love when you wake up, and dawn is just breaking, and it's cool in the house because of the AC and you can just snuggle on down under the covers. That is my favorite part of the morning. Plus it's even better when you know you don't have a certain time to get up.

My newest addiction is to a sweet-summer treat. "White Cran Peach" Ocean Spray. Mrs. Katie (my mother-in-law) had some at her house. Kevin didn't like it too much, but I did. So I got some of those little packets that you can mix in with your water. If you love peach, you gotta try it. It tastes like a peach jolly rancher to me. And it's sugar free and only 5 calories!

1 comment:

thesandifers said...

Jill, I love this weather too!!! I am so bummed that it is supposed to be cold this weekend...we are going up to Greenville too! It is our anniversary and my mom is keeping Nathan for us to go out to eat. I love your idea to paint your rockers white. I hope to buy some soon for our front porch!