Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter!
Friday night, my Papa wanted to take the birthday people out to eat. My uncle Keith's birthday was the 10th and my cousin Emily and Kevin's birthday is the 15th. Friday night, we had a wild, and wicked storm. Thankfully no damage around our area, but man, it was very severe and bad. The lightning was crazy as we were eating. But we just took our time eating, then everyone came back to my parent's house for parents. Saturday, Kevin, my mom, and I went table shopping. I had thought I had found one when I was in Greer on Monday. But after measuring our space at home, then measuring the tables, one was too big and the other one was too small. So we went a few more places (only 4 in all, which is very good I think) and the 4th place we found a kitchen table. Yea!!! We had to order it, couldn't take it with us then, so in about 2-4 weeks we should have a kitchen table. I also found kitchen curtains too! It was a very successful trip. Then that afternoon we headed to the lake. Today we went to church and then had lunch at my great-aunt and uncle's house with my mom's side of the family like we have done for as long as I can remember. Lots of good food. And yes, Kevin and I were a few of the lucky ones that got to fix a plate to have to eat for dinner tomorrow night. I love home cooked leftovers! Not only is it so easy to come in and just heat it up, but they just seem to taste better the next day. So, it was a busy weekend but a nice one. And now my spring break is over and school starts again tomorrow. But my next big break will be summer. The kids' last day is June 3rd (1/2 day) and my last day is June 4th. I think that is about 7-8 more weeks left. It's coming to an end fast. Well, hope you all had a blessed Easter Sunday and it's back to work for me but I got a lot of things accomplished this week.

No comments: