Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Our Garden

This week Kevin and I planted a vegetable garden. Kevin had one last year and it was so nice to have the veggies right at your finger tips. I am so looking forward to when they will be ready to pick. I love vegetables! My mouth was watering while Kevin was tilling the land just thinking about it. We planted squash-love it fried, grilled, in a casserole, cucumbers, tomatoes-my very favorite, love them just by them self or in a tomato sandwich-just mayo and tomato, okra-love, love it fried, and silver queen sweet corn-love it on the cob, I can make a meal just eating corn and some butter, yum, yum! We still have to get a fence to put around it to keep out any little bunnies that might want to sample some and to help Abby learn to go around it, not through it. Kevin and I had a fun time doing this little project. Abby watched or she waited patiently for us to throw the ball to her. We finished most of the garden Monday night. Then Tuesday, we added the mulch and the orka and corn seeds. I will of course keep you updated when our little plants start growing and producing some delicious veggies. But I know it will be several months probably.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: OUR GARDEN
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: