Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break Project

As I had mentioned earlier that my major project for spring break was to paint our master bathroom. And I did! Wednesday, Kevin helped me put on the first coat of Klitz, then Thursday I added the second coat. ( did it in the same amount of time that it took Kevin and I both to do the first.) Then off to Lowe's to pick out the perfect shade of green.....When I returned it took me an hour to tape up the bathroom. I started at 6:00 pm. Then I painted green and kept painting until 12:30 am. Yep, just me, myself, and I. Kevin had worked and had some other things he had to work on, then he had to get up the next morning at 4, so he went to bed and I continued to paint. I was determine to get the project done. And I am so pleased with the final result. However, my taping job wasn't the best, so this week Kevin is going to re tape around the top and work on painting a little bit closer and a straighter line, but all in all, I was pleased. Even though I had to soak in the tub and take some Advil to help with my aching shoulders and my hand that would hardly close afterwards....but it's done!

Here's some BEFORE pictures: now I will admit that the bathroom was this bare, these were taken when Kevin just lived here, but I couldn't find any other pictures of the before color.


And now here's the AFTER pictures.....










No comments: