Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Planting Flowers

My parents came down this weekend. My mom had bought flowers for me to start landscaping our yard. The whole back of her trailblazer was full. But then yesterday morning, we headed off to Wal-Mart to buy some more. After leaving Wal-Mart, we went to another place to look for a birdbath. We didn't find one, but we did find some pretty roses. My mom picked up this one azalea bush, and it ended up being covered with fire ants. She didn't know it. She was carrying it and then all of a sudden, they started biting her. So, needless to say, we didn't buy that plant. When we got back home, I put on my gloves to start planting and when I put my hand into my left glove, there was a wasp in there, which I didn't know at the time, and I got stung on my hand. But after that, we didn't have any more insect-related incidents. We worked all day in the yard. My dad worked on cleaning and washing our house while we were planting. We have tan siding, but it was looking rather green. So, he got this stuff that you mix Clorox and water together and with a broom and some elbow grease, the green is gone and I don't think our house ever sparkled this much. He did a great job! This week, Kevin and I will add in some mulch and finish making the beds look nice. After we do that, I'll put some pictures on the blog. I must say, it made a big improvement to add flowers and bushes. It actually looks like someone lives here now and cares about the yard.

No comments: