Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Kevin and my first valentine's day as a married couple and the first valentine's day that we were able to see each other on that day. Here's how we spent it: the day began at 6:00 am when Kevin left to go to work, the chickens left two weekends ago, so he had to work on cleaning them out. At 7:45 am I was on my way to Columbia for a conference called "Geofest" is based on Social Studies. I met Lauren one of the third grade teachers that I work with and Kristen one of the second grade teachers and the 3 of us went to the conference together. It was at USC. We had a good day, got lots of ideas, free stuff, and books that we can use in our classroom for Social Studies. I got back home at 5:00 pm. Kevin got home around 6-6:30 pm. We cleaned up the house, I cooked dinner-which I didn't eat any of it because I wasn't hungry. Then by 8:00 pm I was asleep in the chair and Kevin woke me up at 9:00 to go to bed. And that was how we spent our day. Most would think, gee nothing special about that. Yeah, but the special thing about being a married couple is that you develop this level of comfort and that you know that one day set aside when most people celebrate their love, you get to celebrate your love everyday. And that just being together is enough, because our lives are so busy as it is, you never had the time to just sit and enjoy looking at one another like you use to do when you first started dating. Kevin and I set a limit for valentine's gifts, we are trying to get on a budget and so it was $20. Kevin got a Carolina t-shirt and a pair of heart boxers and I got a single white rose-one rose for our first year together. We also did cards. Kevin got a card from Abby. Now those that know Abby and her obsession with a tennis ball will know that this card was absolutely perfect! You may have to click on it to make it bigger so you can read it. But even on a budget it was a very Happy Valentine's Day for us!

My Rose




Abby's card to Kevin

No comments: