Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wisdom Teeth Update

Well, Kevin has been a pretty good patient. He felt good yesterday and slept good last night. Today, he has complained some of his right side hurting and that side has bled a lot more than his left side. Thankfully we have gotten the bleeding under control. He's still swollen some. But he's doing well. I can tell that it's caught up with him today. Today was a beautiful day, it felt like spring outside, and I hated that Kevin wasn't feeling well. I threw the tennis ball with Abby for a little bit and offered for Kevin to come outside and sit, but he said he didn't feel like it. I thought it would be hard to keep him down and not moving around much, but I don't think he's felt like it. However, I will say that I believe between the two of us we have caught up on every movie that we had wanted to see that we haven't seen yet. On Thursday we rented 6 movies. I took those back today and got 5 more. Most of them are for Kevin, but I did get a few "chick-flicks" for me. But there's nothing on TV that's worth watching most of the time, so....gotta have something to keep his attention and to keep him from thinking about working. Kevin did tell me that yesterday he was acting up a bit and that he remembered most of how he acted yesterday. However, when I ask him if he remembers saying certain things, he doesn't. So I think he realized that he was a little more out of it than he thought he was. Also, the main reason that Kevin had to have his wisdom teeth out was because one tooth had a cyst around it, which was infected. He did tell me that they sent the cyst off to a lab to have it checked to make sure it wasn't cancerous. So, prayerfully we hope things come back fine. The dentist didn't seem concerned about it, but it's standard procedure to have it analyzed. Over all he has done very well, I'm proud of him. He's follow his directions, but I honestly don't think and I know he hasn't felt the greatest either. I had my wisdom teeth out back when I was in 10th grade, so I know how he feels. Well, it's time to watch another movie.

No comments: