Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 16, 2009

A New Experience

Today was President's Day so I had the day off from school. I met Kevin, Ryan, and Katelyn for lunch at my in-laws house. Then Katelyn was going to teach me how to ride a horse. Those that don't know, Katelyn is a very good, and experienced rider. She has been riding since she could walk. Mr. Tim (Kevin's dad) used to raise horses. Katelyn also was in all kinds of horse shows and even won the national championship in her division when she was 13 years old. So I had a great teacher. The horse that I was riding was named Genesis and she was 11 years old. She was born at Kevin's parents house. Anyway, I have not had much experience at all with horses or even riding one. But I had a lot of fun today. I know that I will be sore tomorrow, but it was fun. However, Katelyn did have control of the horse just in case. Most of the time the horse just walked. I did try to get her to go faster, but she didn't want to. It was as hard as I thought it would be, but at the same time there's lots to learn. Hopefully, I will get to do it again soon and gain more confidence and experience



Katelyn and Genesis




Me and Genesis

No comments: