Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 21, 2009

My knight on a tractor

I just felt that I needed to take the time to brag on my husband for a bit. Those that know him, know that he has chicken houses. Most people would agree that that isn't the most glamorous job in the world and kind of on the messy,dirty, and smelly side. But I don't know of any one who works harder than Kevin. Kevin is a hard worker and he does it with a positive attitude;most of the time. He enjoys what he does. The past few weeks it has been clean out time for the chicken houses. All the chickens are gone-the first two houses will get their chickens back this coming week. Kevin has been getting up at 5:00 am and working until 7:00 pm all this week, expect one day he got up at 3:00 am and stayed up and worked until 7:00 pm. Now, I ask you who else would do that? And the whole time he was scooping out chicken litter a.ka. chicken poop. DHEC was coming and he had to have things cleaned out. I know that many people have made fun of his job-not saying I have laughed before-but when we first started dating all my friends made of of him and his job. Most older people admired and respected him because by the time he is 31 or 32 the chicken houses will be paid off and then the dough will roll like chicken litter. In the famous words of one of our friends' daughter, Anley Grace-you ask her what chicken litter smells like, her reply: smells like money to me! (her dad also has chicken houses). I have had to defend Kevin and his job before, and I am so proud of him. No one else that I know has such as hard working husband. Yes, I am sure they are out there, but it's a dirty, tiring job and not many people would consider doing it. He is so humble and I just love him so much. He wants to do his best and to please God while doing it. The verse that comes to mind when I think of Kevin and his work is 1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.". Thank you to those that are hard workers and that do the dirty jobs that the rest of us would turn out nose up at. God bless you!

2 comments:

Tori said...

Thanks for loving my brother as much as you do! He is a special guy and I'm glad you appreciate him!

thesandifers said...

We think Kevin is awesome too! We know how incredibly hard he works and I know that you are such a supportive and sweet wife!