Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sneaky Thief!

Okay, as many of you probably know, those that have a dog(s), they will get into everything and anything! I have had a cat from the time I was 5 years old, never had a dog, until this year in August, when God brought our "sweet pea", Abby to us. Now, I am not saying that over the years my cats haven't gotten into some funny and amazing places or things, but....yesterday, at school it was the 3rd grade's turn to bring snacks to the faculty meeting. When it was over we all traded around food to take some of each home. One thing that I brought home was ham and cheese roll ups because I thought that Kevin would like them. When I got home I told Kevin that I had some food for him. I sat the ham and cheese roll ups and other stuff on a plate and then put it on a tv tray in the den. Well, the kitchen was a mess from me cooking the stuff for the faculty meeting, so Kevin said that he would help me clean it up. Forgot all about the food and the dog. I walk around the corner to the den and what do I see....Abby laying on the floor chowing down on a ham and cheese roll up! The roll ups had a tooth pick in them to keep them together, thankfully she didnt' eat it. So I took it away from her, she had only eaten half of it. She was tucking her tail, knowing she was in trouble for doing that,which I really didn't have to say anything to her, she knows when she has done something she shouldn't have. Then I went back to get the plate and noticed 2 toothpicks on the floor. That little sneaky thing had already eaten 2 roll ups and I caught her with her 3rd! In case you are wondering, Kevin did get to eat some, but it was kindof funny, that she ate it all but the toothpick.

Here's the recipe for these "dog" approved ham and cheese roll ups:
-flour tortillas
-cream cheese
-sliced ham
-sliced cheese (the Kraft singles)
-toothpicks

*Spread the soften cream cheese onto the tortilla. Then layer with the ham and cheese. Roll up. Then cut into bit size pieces. Use a toothpick to keep them together.

They really were good and an easy and simple party treat!

No comments: