Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 6, 2009

Wisdom Teeth

Today, Kevin had to have his wisdom teeth taken out. He went to the dentist back in October or November for a regular check up. One of his wisdom teeth on the bottom had a cyst that was wrapped around the tooth. The dentist told Kevin that he needed to have his wisdom teeth out. Well, this is the first thing that Kevin has had done where he had to be put to sleep in a long time. Now, those of you that know Kevin, know he likes to pick at you and aggravate you. Well, let me tell you, with this medicine that they give you to knock you out, Kevin was so funny! It took them about 2 hours to do the surgery. They came to get me and told me to pull around to the side of the building to pick him up. So I went inside and found the room he was in. The nurse had him in the wheel chair. I walked in and said hello to Kevin and he turned towards me and blew me this big kiss. (I started laughing and haven't stopped) The nurse told me that she has had to change his gauze three times already, because he wouldn't stop talking and that he was saying some funny stuff. When she rolled him into the hallway, he tried to kick me. The nurse and I were helping him get up and get to the car. Kevin said that he could walk on his own, he got up and started dancing to the car. Once I got in the car, he was just saying all kinds of stuff. I had to stop at the entrance way, because I was laughing so hard, that I was crying so hard, I couldn't see to drive. He said that once he got home, he was going to take all his clothes off. Then he said that medicine they gave you, Whoooooooooooo!!!!!! it's some good stuff! Then there was this car in front of us, and written on the back window it said, honk, it's my birthday. So Kevin leans over and starts beeping the horn. I am laughing to so much its hard to get his hand off the horn. (Mrs. Katie, Kevin's mom, came with us just in case Kevin got sick-which he didn't- to help me out, so she can vouch for me that he did all this stuff). Then he asked if he could go to Lowes. I told him not today. A few minutes later he asked if he could go to Lowes again, and again I told him not today. Then he said do you want to go to Target. I said you want to go to Target. He said, no but I know that you do. I said, well, I will go another time. When every he would hear music on the radio, he would start dancing in the car. He would blow kisses at me, thump me in the check, and move his eyebrows up and down at me, the whole ride home. He also said that he was going to buy him a new tractor. There was some other stuff that he said, but it was hard to understand him. Oh, and he felt like his tongue was a big as the Grand Canyon. When I got him home, Mrs. Katie went to get his pain medication and I got him into the house. I told him to stay in the car until I got around to help him get out. He told me he could walk and he got out and starting dancing again. Now, Kevin, poor thing, he doesn't have any rhythm at all, and it was so funny. He did that the whole way up the steps and inside until I got him seated on the couch. So, he got some pain medicine in him and lunch, then went to sleep for about an hour. Every 20 minutes he had to either had the ice pack taken off or put on his mouth. He is still bleeding a good bit, I hope that will stop soon. But he was hilarious coming home. I wish I had a video camera, because I know that he won't believe me when I tell him how he acted because he won't remember it tomorrow. I wish I could show him. Anyway, I am glad that the surgery is behind him. So hopefully the bleeding will stop soon and he will heal up fast. But it was a very entertaining ride home from Aiken today.

No comments: