Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Edisto Beach with Kevin's Family

This past week was Christmas in June for us and Kevin's family! For Christmas, Kevin's parents decided to give everyone a week at Edisto Beach. All but Kevin and I headed down last Saturday. Kevin and I came down Wednesday late afternoon. (We had to split the time with Kevin's dad due to the farm). Wednesday evening we had family pictures made. (As soon as I get copies, I will post them. They turned out so, so good!) We spent all day on Thursday at the beach. It was a beautiful, perfect beach day! Kevin and I played with our nieces and nephews. We had a great time playing in the water, boggie boarding, jumping waves, playing in the sand, and building things. Friday we awoke to rain. After breakfast it stopped long enough for us to think it was over, so we all headed down to the beach. Only to find that it was going to rain until lunch time. After lunch the sun finally decided to poke it's head out again and shine for a little while. After lunch, the family scattered in different directions. Kevin and I headed back to the beach. Katelyn, Mrs. Katie, Tori, Jared, and Lily Kate headed to Charleston to bring some stuff to Ryan that he had forgotten and needed at the fire station. Heather, Michael, Kayla, and Geoffery headed to the Edisto Serpentarium to check out the snakes and other reptiles. It was a nice, quiet, lazy afternoon for Kevin and I on the beach. Saturday morning we got up and headed home. We were home by lunch time. Then Kevin went to work and I decided to start washing clothes and took a nap. We had a good time. It was very noisy and busy with 8 adults and 4 kids, meal time, but once I got home I found myself a little bored, because the kids had provided the entertainment and I missed having everyone around. I think we all enjoyed our Christmas present.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Edisto Beach 09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: