Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer Break

Well, yesterday was the "official" last day of school for me. The kids' last day was on Wednesday and my day was yesterday. It is so nice to be done. Kevin told me last night that this was the first time in the past 3 years that I didn't call him and say " I'm FREE! I'm FREE at Last!". Which I had not even noticed. When we were at the beach I saw this Christmas ornament that was in the shape of an apple and it said, " 3 Reasons to be a teacher: JUNE, JULY, & AUGUST!"Which I thought was funny but true. I know that most jobs are all year long, but most jobs are not as mentally, emotionally draining as teaching. If we didn't have those 9 weeks off, I know for a fact many, many teachers wouldn't come back. We need this time to get the bad taste out of our mouth of the year, distress, and by August we come back ready for a new year and refreshed, thinking this year will be much better. However, all in all, I did have a great school year. I loved being at Kelly Edwards and I really enjoyed teaching 3rd grade. I was blessed and realized that over and over throughout the year to be at the place I was. I am also so thankful that I will be able to return to KEES and be in the 3rd grade again next year.

No comments: