Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 5, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Yesterday, to celebrate the end of another school year, Abby and I went over to Mrs. Katie's house to go swimming. It was just the 2 of us and Daisy. We only stayed about 30 minutes because it started raining. I wanted to see how Abby would react to the pool. So I put her in it and held her while she paddled around, then I let go. She was scared. She was splashing and carrying on so. I did put her in about 4-5 times, because I was trying to train her to go to the steps to get out. She kept on wanting to go up the side, but she just couldn't get the rest of her body out. I wanted her to know how to get out in case she was to fall in sometime. The last time I put her in, she did go to the steps after she tried to get up the side about 3 times. But I think she was very scared and probably won't get too close the pool. I had brought her tennis ball with us. She would take her nose and roll it to the side of the pool so it would drop in the water for me to get it to throw it for her. It was so cute.

No comments: