Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy 1st Anniversary!

I cannot believe that a year ago today, Kevin and I got married! It is crazy to realize that it has already been a year. We celebrate our anniversary last weekend with a trip to Savannah, GA. Last night we went out on a date. It's been a while since we have done that. We went out to eat at Ruby Tuesdays-which was were we ate on our first date-then went to the movies. This was the first time we had been to the movies since we saw Fireproof. We saw "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. It was very GOOD! Kevin and I both enjoyed it. There was plenty of comedy for Kevin and plenty of romance for me. It was a great all around movie. If you haven't seen it, it's a great date-night movie. The kind of movie that leaves you warm and happy inside and thankful for the spouse or special person in your life. We cut our anniversary cake at lunch. See, in my cake contract you could either save your top layer or on your anniversary she would make you a new, fresh top layer. So of course I wanted a fresh one, instead of one that had been frozen for a year. (That was one of the errands that my dad and I did on Thursday, was to pick up the cake.) It was just as heavenly delicious as I had remembered. Only better this time because Kevin and I get a whole little cake to ourselves!



A funny thing happend last night at about 4:30 am, I heard Kevin coming back in the house from checking on the chickens. I normally don't say anything to him when he comes back in, I am still so very asleep at that time. I heard him come into the room, but instead of going to his side of the bed, he was coming over to my side. Well, being still asleep, it kind of scared me, and I woke up and was like " what are you doing?". He was like, "oh shoot!". He turned on the light and had a dozen red roses in his hand. He said that he had them hidden at his parents' house and wanted to surprise me, and have them sitting on my night stand so I would see them when I woke up. It was very sweet.





Kevin and I have had a wonderful first year together. God has blessed us so much, He's taken care of us, and has reminded us over and over that He is the one in control. I love being married to Kevin. I love hearing his voice in the morning (I don't see him because I am still have my eyes closed), and being there when he gets home. He has been there to support me with all the changes that I have had to make. He is always encouraging and helping me to do my best in all I do. He is caring, understanding, and sincere. He's everything I could ever ask for, and I love him more and more each day. I am excited to celebrate this day together. I think we would both agree, we are more relaxed and comfortable today than we were a year ago. I think the only thing maybe that Kevin and I might want to do different would be, that we would love to be back on our way to Jamaica right now. Kevin, thank you for all you do and for being you! I love you and happy first anniversary!

Thank you to our family and friends for being there, supporting us and encouraging us throughout this year. Thank you for those that have sent us anniversary cards or phone calls.




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: First Anniversary
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow














No comments: